I Am An...Ornithologist
Welcome to the “I Am A..." series, a whiteboard animation video series highlighting USGS careers. The concept is to show "what society (or my mom) thinks I do" compared with "what I really do." One image captures a more whimsical representation of a "scientist" in a particular field and the second demonstrates a more accurate representation of what that professional really “looks” like at work.
This video is about an ornithologist (i.e. someone who studies birds).
ornith- = “bird”
-ology = “study of”
-ist = “person”
(i.e. “studier of birds”)
Thank you for watching, we appreciate your support. Please like, share, and subscribe. If you are a teacher, please feel free to use this video (or coloring page below) in your science class.
- Coloring page for Ornithologist
- YouTube Playlist for “I Am A…” series
- USGS “I Am A…” series website where you can find all our videos and coloring pages
- USGS Bird Banding Laboratory
- USGS North American Breeding Bird Survey
- How to become an Ornithologist
USGS Jobs-Related Links: