VHP products and tools support volcano-hazards decisions.
The USGS Volcano Hazards Program develops products and tools that range from print publications to web applications. These science-based resources support preparedness, response, and mitigation activities by communities, public officials, businesses, providers of public services, infrastructure specialists, and the public.
- Activity Alerts for U.S. volcanoes—Current and archived alerts for volcanoes in the U.S. and Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands.
- Volcano Notification Service—Email service for volcano activity notifications.
- Geologic Maps—Illustrated maps depicting location, type, and age of surficial rocks on a volcano.
- Hazards Assessments and Reports—Publications reflecting the types and likelihood of future hazardous phenomena expected to occur within a specific volcanic location.
- Ash3D—A modeling tool for forecasting ash cloud dispersion and ashfall.
- Volcanic Ash Information—Practical Information for dealing with volcanic ash hazards.
- Alaska ash reports: Is Ash Falling?—Tool to report ashfall in Alaska.
- Volcanic Smog in Hawaii—Practical information for dealing with VOG.
- National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS)—Assessment of U.S. volcanic threat and volcano monitoring needs.
- Weekly Global Volcano Activity Report—A report collaborated by USGS and the Smithsonian Institution's Global Volcanism Program.
- USGS Volcano Hazards Program Fact Sheets—Two to six page informational products that feature volcanic phenomenon, specific volcanic centers, and our protocols.