Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Child Care Options

Child Care Options

Flexible Savings Account

The Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account pays for childcare expenses (age 12 and under) that are necessary to allow you or your spouse to work, look for work, or attend school full-time.

The account allows you to pay for these qualified expenses with pre-tax dollars, money that is deducted from your paycheck before taxes are taken out by the USGS - saving you 20% to 40% or more.


Employee Assistance Program

Your Employee Assistance Program may have child care options available.


→Onsite Day Care

A few USGS offices have child care options on site. Please contact the center directly for additional information.


This is a non-technical summary of the laws and regulations on the subject. It should not be used as the sole source of information. Please contact your Servicing Personnel Office if you have any questions.


« Return to Helpful Links