Welcome to DOI Talent! DOI Talent excels in providing the flexibility necessary for an engaging training program, the option for more flexible training approval processes, a platform for the creation of individual development plans, and so much more…!
► New to DOI Talent? Please take a few minutes to do the following
► Information about assigned Supervisors
► Things to know about DOI Talent
► Non-DOI Employee with no PIV card, how can you Access DOI Talent?
If you need assistance in navigating DOI Talent, Contact us directly.
For other support needs, contact the DOI Customer Support Center:
- Email: HRMS_Helpdesk@ios.doi.gov
- Phone: 1-888-367-1622, menu option 3, then 6 (Monday - Friday, 6:00 am - 5:30 pm, Mountain)
- Login to DOI Talent.
- Get familiar with your home page and look at the Featured Resources and Required Courses.
- Visit the New Employee Training page for any required training you will need to complete.
- Attend the Wednesday Webinars with DOI Talent class. A one hour overview to provide you with a variety of demonstrations about various functions in DOI Talent.
- Enroll in the Learning Management Activities & Job Aid course as well as the Paperless Performance Plans Resources & Job Aids course. These courses will have job aids for you to download to help with any issues that may come up.
- Confirm that your assigned Supervisor is correct. If not, have your Supervisor claim you.
New Employees & Contractors:
- Your Supervisor or contracting officer is responsible for 'claiming' you as a member of their team. Consult with your Supervisor to ensure this is completed promptly. Here are the instructions.
- Changes to assigned supervisors must be completed by your assigned Supervisor. They should only be done after ensuring that all training requests are completed, and if applicable, performance appraisals are final. Here are instructions for checking your assigned supervisor/manager.
- If your position changes or your supervisor changes after your paperless performance plan has been activated, job aids are available to assist rating officials in conducting interim appraisals in DOI Talent. You can access these job aids in the Paperless Performance Plans Resources & Job Aids course.
- The CSV Help Desk can assist if you have questions regarding which interim appraisal scenario to follow. You can reach them at HRMS_helpdesk@ios.doi.gov.
- If you have a PIV card, you will not be asked to enter a password, you only need to go to DOI Talent, and it will take you to the home page immediately.
- For more information about DOI Access cards/PIV cards, visit their website.
- DOI Talent accounts for new DOI Federal employees and contractors with PIV cards will be created within days of the user's PIV card issuance.
- Recommended Browsers: User the Chrome or Edge browsers when accessing DOI Talent. Do not use IE 11.
- DOI Talent DOES NOT require a Pulse VPN connection for access. If you are currently logged into your VPN, please stop, log out of DOI Talent, disconnect your VPN, and then log back into DOI Talent. Please use a VPN only when using applications that require VPN to access.
- Before taking an online training course, we recommend logging out and logging back in to be sure you have a renewed browser session. Best practice: Don't leave an online course open and walk away from your computer. If you are interrupted and cannot complete a course that you have open, exit the course and logout of DOI Talent.
- The Skillsoft Online Course Library of over 5200 online courses is available to all DOI Federal Employees at no cost to you. Search the online Skillsoft catalog or download the monthly PDF from the Skillsoft site to see what is offered. Cut/paste the title of the course into the Find Courses search in DOI Talent to find and enroll in one of these great opportunities. Another option is to search the catalog using the Course Category field; select the Skillsoft category (be sure to include sub-categories) and refine with keywords.
- Transcripts prior to March 2018 from DOI LEARN have been loaded to the users' profiles. These can be found under My Learning→Record of Learning→OTHER EVIDENCE tab.
- Any required training, such as the Information Management and Technology (IMT) Awareness Training or No FEAR Act Training Information, will be "Assigned" to all employees through a Program/Certification in advance of Bureau deadlines. If you do not see it assigned in your "Current Learning" box on your Home screen or by looking at My Learning→Required Learning, or My Learning→Record of Learning→Programs/Certifications tab, notify your Bureau Data Steward at email@example.com.
- If you need to know what required training is required in USGS, go to https://www.usgs.gov/human-capital/required-training-topic.
- Seminar Managers: If you need increased access to create Seminars, Events, and manage Rosters. Contact your Bureau Data Steward at firstname.lastname@example.org, and they will give you the necessary access to complete a training course, then you will need to attend a one (1) hour live training webinar. Once you have been trained, please check your event rosters often in DOI Talent and update the Attendance Status of any learners that still show "Booked" when your class is over.
- Report Runner: If you need increased access to run reports, notify your Bureau Data Steward at email@example.com, and they will give you the necessary access to complete a training course information to receive this access.
- Duplicate accounts: If you are aware of any duplicate accounts in the system for the same username or email address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to the DOI Talent login page and click on Request new account.
- There are three sections to the form; "Username and Password," "More Details," and "other Fields," please complete ALL sections.
- 'Username' field: insert the email address where you wish to receive system notifications. Your email address will be your DOI Talent Log in Username. Please ensure that your email address's spelling is correct in both the username and email address fields.
- MANDATORY FIELD The "Domain ID" field: select IN_USG.
- MANDATORY FIELD The "Bureau" field: select the GEOLOGICAL SURVEY.
- MANDATORY FIELD The "Affiliation" field: select the option that most closely matches your situation, i.e., Volunteer or Contractor.
- MANDATORY FIELD The “Affiliate Org/Sponsor” field: add the Organization Code if known, i.e., IN08ADGGHEBD0400 ALABAMA CF & WRU.
- MANDATORY FIELD The "Comments" field: Indicate whether or not you've attended training with us before or have been affiliated with DOI in the past. Add the SUPERVISOR to whom you will be reporting.
- Account requests that do not provide ALL requested information will be denied.
- All account approvals are performed manually. Each request will be reviewed and forwarded to the Bureau sponsoring the training you are requesting and to verify that you do not already have an account in our system. We endeavor to respond to your account request within five business days.