USGS Volcano Teaching Materials
- This Dynamic Planet–a teaching companion—This teaching companion uses an existing USGS plate tectonics map and booklet to explain plate tectonics.
- Utilize the lesson plans and information in the Living with a Volcano in your Backyard—An Educator's Guide with Emphasis on Mount Rainier.
- The USGS Photo Glossary of Volcanic Terms—describes common geology terms in text and pictures.
- Visit the Cascade Volcano Observatory website for additional resources and information specific to the Cascades volcanoes.
- Download some of our Frequently Asked Questions and Answers pertaining to volcanoes, their hazards, how we monitor them, and what it's like to be a volcanologist.
- Eruptions in the Cascade Range over the Past 4,000 Years, USGS General Information Product 63—13 volcanoes on a map of Washington, Oregon, and northern California with time lines for each showing the ages of their eruptions.
- Geological Hazards at Volcanoes, USGS General Information Product 64—Geological processes and associated hazards at volcanoes.
- Thirty cool facts about Mount St. Helens, USGS General Information Product 10—A list of 30 facts about Mount St. Helens developed in the commemoration of the 30th anniversary of Mount St. Helens' 1980 eruptions.