Contractor - Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions
600 4Th Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
Multimedia specialist and technical illustrator at U.S. Geological Survey-St. Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center from August, 2000–present.
Part of small team creating Department of the Interior NewsWave Newsletter, a quarterly newsletter from the DOI featuring ocean, coastal and Great Lakes activities across the Bureaus.
Part of small team creating USGS SPCMSC podcasts 2009-2011; my contribution included editing video and audio, creating optimized graphics and technical illustrations for onscreen display, creating custom animations, animated title/credits segments, and assembling the finished products.
- Received 2 Blue Pencil Awards 2015 from the National Association of Government Communicators with team members Ann Tihansky, Liza Johnson, and Lori Faeth for DOI NewsWave Newsletter; a Second in the category of Most Improved Publication and an Award of Excellence in the Shoestring Budget category
- Won USGS Shoemaker Award 2011, with team members Ann Tihansky and Matt Cimitile for Category Audio/Video for SPCMSC video podcasts
- USGS Star Award 2011 from Department of the Interior Ocean Team
- USGS Outstanding Science Support Award 2006
- USGS Science Graphics Excellence Award 2005– ”Into the Eye: Hurricanes” Pier Aquarium Display
- CSC Award of Excellence 2005–”Into the Eye: Hurricanes” St. Petersburg Pier Aquarium Display