Congratulations on your position with the U.S. Geological Survey. We are a diverse and inclusive organization, comprised of hundreds of individuals who bring their unique talents, skills, and experiences to the job.
Our goal is to support your transition into the USGS. This website is part of a multi-faceted approach to ensuring you get the information you need when you need it from the beginning.
This program is being designed to integrate your skills and provide you with the tools, resources, and knowledge to become successful and highly productive. The NEO program supports:
- Decrease time for your new staff members to become fully productive
- Ensure their understanding of policies and regulations
- Help maintain/enrich organizational culture
- Encourage teamwork, mentoring, and leadership development
- Increase job satisfaction
- Accelerate socialization and understanding
- Developing a sense of inclusion/belonging
- Increase understanding/commitment to USGS mission
- Reduce unexpected attrition, save resources, and make the USGS a best place to work
Components of the NEO Program
New Employees will receive informational emails on a variety of topics.
Series of short, monthly webinars on relevant topics.
The USGS Navigator
The USGS Navigator is a course in DOI Talent with numerous self-paced, informational modules.
USGS Guides (Permanent and Term employees only)
An experienced “insider,” trained to help you connect to your local workplace culture will meet with you regularly to provide support and answer questions.