Leslie DeSimone is a Hydrologist in the New England Water Science Center.
Leslie serves as the Center Water-Quality Specialist and as an analyst for the National Water-Quality Assessment Project.
Current work includes:
- Machine-learning models of groundwater quality in the mid-Atlantic region
- Technical assistance on water-quality data and studies in New England
- Water-quality database management
Recent work includes:
- National compilations of water quality in U.S. Principal Aquifers and in domestic wells
- Mapping bedrock well yield in eastern Massachusetts
Leslie started with USGS in 1988 and has worked on a broad range of studies on topics such as contaminant occurrence and transport in groundwater, surface-water quality trends and loads, and groundwater flow and availability. She received an M.A. and Ph.D. in Geology from Boston University, Boston, MA, and a B.A. from St. John's College, Annapolis, MD.